Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shaped card and a sketch card

These are the last two cards I made on World Card Making Day. The first one was for a shaped card challenge. I found this file on this blog and I thought I did everything right but it didn't cut quite right. I used SCAL and it was the first time I'd actually made something with it so I was completely clueless. So I changed it so that it was welded at the shoulders to make a folded card and somehow the parts cut out smaller than they were supposed to but I used it anyway-I thought it still looked ok.


paper is Bazzill
stamp is hero arts
prisma colored pencils
stickles and liquid pearls (also my first time using liquid pearls-and it's pretty obvious)

The next one was for a sketch challenge. Other than the greeting there's no stamping on it at all.


papers: DCWAV
stamp, ink, ribbon, corner punch: SU
dew drops colored with copics (they get sticky when you use copics on them so I guess I'll have to buy a bunch of colors)
sewing

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Snowglobe Ornament

I don't remember where I got the idea for this-I think at split coast or maybe from a blog. But the other day when we were shopping at Hobby Lobby, I saw some soap molds and suddenly remembered that I wanted to try it. The idea didn't originally use soap molds but I thought they would work-so I bought them. They are just your standard bar shaped mold-there is a pic down below.

So here's what I did-I cut out the house, trees and snowman using my cricut. The house and trees were made with the Christmas Cheer cartridge and the snowman was done with the Snow Friends cartridge. That snowman was cut at 3/4" (real dial size) to give an idea of how little he is. The house was cut at 1-1/2" and the trees at 1" and 1-1/4". I cut around the soap mold leaving about 1/4" of the backing plastic. I then cut the background paper (SU soft sky designer series paper) the same size and shape. I used some shimmery white cardstock to make the background snow-I just cut it freehand, glued it on, and trimmed to the same shape as the background. I used pop dots to attach the house, the snowman (after adding detail with copic markers) and one tree and tombow mono multi adhesive for the other trees. The snow inside the globe was made using this "make your own flower soft" tutorial. I mixed in some glitter too but it's not really very glittery so next time I'll use more. I used an anti static bag on the inside of the mold but it looked dusty so I sort of wiped most of it out.

I put sticky strip all around the flat outer part of the soap mold. Then I added the fake snow. I removed the sticky strip backing and then attached the background w/ the house, trees and snowman.

I didn't have any green lace so I took some white lace and used water and reinkers and dyed it. I used SU gable green first but it was too light so I added some green galore reinker. I dried it with my heat gun. I used sticky strip to attach the lace to the edges of the globe. Then I used tacky glue to attach the pearl strand. (btw I've had this lace and pearls for about 15 yrs. Finally I remembered to use it on something!) I made a double loop bow using my bow easy and stuck it to the top with a glue dot. Then I just used diamond glaze to glue the ribbon hanger to the back. I used a lot of different adhesives on this.

So anyway I thought it came out pretty cool. Here's a picture of the soap molds (this is a stock picture from online-I didn't take a picture of the packaging)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blog update

I've decided to go ahead and update my blog for the holidays-I hope no one is offended by seeing holiday images so early! I didn't want to wait until after Thanksgiving because it takes me a long time to make all this stuff and I want it up for a while. Also I decided to make an animated signature-if it bothers anyone PLEASE let me know. Flashing graphics bother me sometimes and although this one isn't flashing, I understand it might bother people so if it does let me know. I just wanted to see if I could actually make one by myself (and yes that's my actual sloppy signature).

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doodlebug flowers and critter card

This was for a bingo challenge. We got a bingo card and had to pick any line across, down or diagonally. So I made this and below the pics are the requirements and materials I used.


use 2 or more pp: my mind's eye
use at least 3 flowers: doodlebug friends stamp set (I think)
use red: SU cardstock
use at least 3 buttons: oriental trading
use glitter: stickles
also used twinkling h2os
ek success edge punch


This next one was for a critter challenge While cleaning out my room I found these cutouts that I don't even remember ever buying. I have a lot of that kind of stuff (the kind I don't remember). I got the sketch from a Joy of Cardmaking book.


cardstock and pp: SU
brads: bazzill
embossing folder: cuttlebug
cutout image: we r memory keepers
punch: fiskars
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...