So I'm in a sewing mood lately. I go through these moods. For a while I'll be in a mood to make cards or scrapbook and right now the mood is sewing. To celebrate I went and spent way too much money at the local quilt shop today...but they were having a sale. So that makes it okay. So anyway my new cupcake pincushion got filled up with pins pretty quickly and I realized I may need more than one. Before this I just put all my pins in an empty butter tub and would poke my fingers getting them out. It is convenient to just throw the pins in, but like I said, getting them out is another story. I liked using a real pincushion so well I decided I better make another. I saw this one in a Quilts and More magazine a couple of years ago. It's also online now-you can see it here. Very easy to make the actual fabric part but the ribbon was a little bit of a bear because I didn't have a proper doll needle and the buttons were tricky because they're so tight against the fabric. But it came out pretty darn cute, I think. And it holds pins, which is what's really important.