tutorial on the Pink Penguin blog a year or two ago and have been wanting to make them ever since. I finally got them done! I had some fat quarters from Joann's that I bought only for the tin they came in and they were perfect for this project. I made 3 of them:
Then I decided I wanted a smaller version for my q-tips. I thought 3 patches across would work. Wrong. I forgot about the fact that the sides also form the ends. But it came out cute and it fits my eyedrops. I tried again with 4 patches across, and...success! I did leave the handles off the small ones but otherwise they are basically the same. Cute.