Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby boy quilt in progress

I found out recently that my daughter's speech therapist is expecting so I decided it would be a good opportunity to make something. So I found out she's having a boy, searched my stash, and wouldn't you know-everything I own is girly. Well almost everything. In the interest of saving time (her last speech session before her ST quits for the year is mid-May) I got a Riley Blake stacker (like a Moda layer cake) and some yardage, found a couple of moda bake shop tutorials I liked, which I will link at the end of this post, and modified them to fit what I wanted. So here it is so far-I laid it out on the floor to figure out how to arrange the blocks and took a picture with my phone. This is before adding sashing and borders and before rotating some blocks. I accidentally put 3 blocks with the same print in the top row. UGH. Oh well, too late since I noticed it after sewing that row together. and those tutorials (shift-click to open them in a new window)
Building Blocks Baby Quilt
Boxed In Quilt

I will post more pics as I get more done. I have the top all sewed. Just need to sandwich it and quilt it. The two things that are the biggest pain for me.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gayle your baby quilt is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...