Thursday, April 12, 2007

New quilt block

I've decided to make quilt curtains for my sewing/scrapping room. Not exactly quilted but made from quilt blocks. I'll back it with a sheet and no batting in between. Anyway I picked out my block and had read in several places that you should always do a test block before cutting all of the pieces out. I figured that might be a good idea since I've never done anything more complicated than a nine patch (other than those Debbie Mumm blocks and those don't count since I only did one of each). I decided to do the test block out of different fabric. Good thing I did do the test block because I messed up on part of it and had to rip out a few seams. Anyway this is my first test block. The second one went together more easily but the colors were hideous so I didn't take a picture of it.



The curtains won't be this color-in place of the red they'll be a very light pink and in place of the blue they'll be a very light green. The white will be all white (there is a white-on-white pattern on it but it's very subtle). I found the block in a Better Homes and Gardens 100 Quilt Blocks magazine that's out right now and I planned the colors and stuff in Electric Quilt 5.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...